Welcome to our Tools for Life

Our blog is an area where we can share our ideas and thoughts with our readers. Interaction is encouraged so that we can have good discussion and areas of interest can be clarified. We thank all of you who participate with us on this exciting journey!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Finding the Right Massage Therapist

As a massage therapist I know the importance of "practicing what I preach". Fortunately I'm in the right place, a place where there are amazing bodywork therapists. I have had massage treatments from many different therapists, in many different places and have come to realize how talented, gifted and knowledgeable our therapists right here at Healing Waters Resort are. Each therapist has his/her own techniques and specialties, but each one also has a way of understanding a person's body and what is going on with it that often surprises even our long-time clients.

Julee Woodhall - massage genius!
On Mother's Day, I had a massage with one of my favorite massage therapists, Julee Woodhall - absolute genius. Julee is gifted, knowledgeable, intuitive, kind and accepting. It is so important to get on a table where you do not feel judged, but instead you feel safe and cared for while receiving your treatment. The thing I like most about Julee's work is that I can completely trust that she is doing exactly what I need. There have been times in the past with other therapists when I have had to kind of micromanage what the therapist is doing to actually have the treatment be effective for me. That is never a comfortable or relaxing experience and with Julee I never have that concern. Julee customizes her vast knowledge and years of experience to me specifically during my treatment as she does with each client.

In your search for a massage therapist it is important to find someone who really makes you feel comfortable, cared for and confident in the work that you are receiving. Yes, massage is relaxing and it should be, but there is so much more to a really good massage than relaxation. It is a tool for life, something that you can use to manage your wellness on a regular basis. 

Thank you Julee!
Hmm, let's see which therapist I can catch for a massage before the next blog ;) 

Love & Light,
Amber

3 comments:

  1. A Soothing Effort of Nashville focuses on providing inebriated wellborn on-site knead therapy based on your particularised needs. Our licensed professionals furnish a show of therapeutic manipulate services from low paper to prenatal massage. We labour to puddle our clients' massage therapy receive as restful, unforced, and favourable as mathematical by transferral the luxuriousness of a spa to you.

    Personal Services

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find meditation to be a healing experience where you're able to connect with your inner thoughts.Thanks!!
    Find A Therapist

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the way that you described your experiences in this blog post

    Massage Table

    ReplyDelete